Yes, and here we are again! Spring has finally started to show up around here although it’s supposed to snow a bit next week. I posted a picture of some of my garden coming to life. Yayee! Spring and warm weather!!!
Did you ever think about all those scraps that you’ve been saving……put aside? You know…….all the ones you didn’t pick? The ones left over, too ugly, just didn’t go or didn’t match! I know I was always one of those kids that always got picked last for the team. Well, think about all those little squares couped up in a bag or in a box sometimes for years! LOL! There they are just waiting, looking up at you or those little wrinkled wads that are stuck in the corner of the box with hardly a breath of air. Do you think they hoping for a moment to get picked, to fit in and show their stuff? Are they secretly yelling “Pick me! Pick me!” Well, here’s your chance to make a whole lot of 2″ or 2 1/2″ squares happy! They’re not too ugly. They don’t have to match and they all will fit in! I think we could all use some of that in this world these days! Don’t you? Maybe I should name my next mystery “Happy Scraps”. We’ll see if I remember!
When I made up this pattern I gave up counting 4 patch units so if you don’t have enough just make some more!
OK, here we go!
Crazy Spinning Scraps – 2023 Mystery
- Sew 4 four patch units made in clue #1 together to make a 16 patch. Press flipping seams. Sew 2 assorted colored squares and 2 background squares as shown in a strip and sew to the 16 patch. Press.
- Sew 2 assorted colored squares with 1 background square in between. Sew 2 background squares on one end to make one strip as shown. Sew this strip to the above unit to make an 8″ (10 1/2″) 25 patch square. Make sure you have 3 colored and one background corners. Press. Make 4.
- Using more four patches, sew 2 together as shown. Sew 2 assorted colored and 2 background squares together as shown. Sew to the four patch unit.
- Using 2 background squares and one assorted colored square, sew together and sew to the side as shown. Press. Make 28.
- Sew one 3 1/2″ x 8″ (4 1/2″ x 10 1/2″) background piece to the top of each unit. Press to the background. Trim to 8″ (10 1/2″) square.
I’ve saved the crazy center of thus quilt for last. And, yup, you will think “she’s crazy”! That crazy clue and the reveal will be on May 10th. Hopefully by then my crazy life will be getting back to being somewhat normal. I look forward to that!!!
Until then Happy Quilting!
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION ON FACEBOOK.
I ask that you send people here to the website for information. If you have not joined in the fun on Facebook, check me out at MakingScrappyQuiltsWithCharlotte. I love seeing all your hard work and getting to chat with you a bit.
Please feel free to direct others to this website for the information and clues.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
© 2023 Charlotte Hawkes. All rights reserved.
Written permission is required to copy and/or distribute copies of this pattern whether or not you profit from it.