First, I want to welcome all the new members that have found us this year! It always amazes me when there is a burst of new people. I never advertise so I always wonder how you found me. My joy is seeing the fun comments and posts of all of you. Although I do appreciate it when someone buys a pattern from Etsy. Thank you!
I thought I’d post a picture of one of my favorite places to be. Some of you may remember the mystery we did a couple of years ago….Summer Stars on Fawn Lake. Well, here is a picture of Fawn Lake from the kitchen window. I wish I could be there right now even with the snow and cold. But, alas, it will have to wait many months before I can spend any time at camp. There is way too much that has to be completed around here. Probate on my husband’s estate will be up soon (I hope) and my mother’s house is sold and still has to be emptied and ready for the closing in May. This mystery will be done by then and maybe, just maybe, then, I will have some time to sit back and chill at camp! I’ll be due for a lounge chair and big glass of wine! But until then I have to keep my mind on the tasks to be done! No fun here! (Sigh!)
I’ve debated about which part of this mystery to post this month. Do we do the crazy part, the tedious part or make some more bones? I guess we’ll make some more bones. So here is Clue #3. Enjoy!
Crazy Spinning Scraps – 2023 Mystery
- Cut 12 assorted colored and 12 backgrounds 3 1/4″ (3 3/4″) squares on both diagonals. Sew one colored and one background quarter square triangle as shown. Press to the dark. Sew all 48.
- Cut 24 – 2 7/8″ (3 3/8″) background squares on one diagonal to make 48 HST. Sew to the above unit to make aa 2 1/2″ (3″) square. Press and trim off dog ears. Sew all 48.
- Choose 4 different colored squares and assemble as shown to make a 4 1/2″ (5 1/2″) pinwheel. Press. Make 12 different pinwheels.
- Cut 12 – 5″ (6 1/4″) background squares on both diagonals. Cut 48 assorted colored 2 7/8″ (3 3/8″) squares on one diagonal. Sew one colored HST to each side of the background quarter square triangle as shown. Press and trim dog ears. Make all 48.
- Sew one section to opposite sides of each pinwheel square as shown. Press to the center.
- Sew 2 1/2″ (3″) background squares to each side of the remaining sections. Sew to opposite sides of the above unit as shown. Press and trim to make 8″ (10 1/2″) Martha Washington Star Block. Complete 12 blocks.
That will do it for this month. If you have not finished making your 4 patches, this is a good time to make them as they will highlight next months clue. That clue will be posted on April 12th.
Until then….Happy Quilting!
PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS INFORMATION ON FACEBOOK.
I ask that you send people here to the website for information. If you have not joined in the fun on Facebook, check me out at MakingScrappyQuiltsWithCharlotte. I love seeing all your hard work and getting to chat with you a bit.
Please feel free to direct others to this website for the information and clues.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
© 2023 Charlotte Hawkes. All rights reserved.
Written permission is required to copy and/or distribute copies of this pattern whether or not you profit from it.